Do you have an early music project that needs support? We are here to help!
The Early Music Community Connection (E=mc2 ), can support your project in a variety of ways:
- protection against financial loss
- no-charge instrument loans
- no-charge online promotion and ticketing (subject to modest credit card fees)
- venue liability insurance
- low-cost use of recording equipment and sound engineer
- practical and artistic advice
- co-ordination of volunteer assistance for front-of-house and other logistics
The Early Music Society of the Islands has created this unique new program with the goal of encouraging and supporting local musicians and musical organizations mounting early music concerts and other events.
Professional and amateur musicians on southern Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands are invited to apply.
To qualify for support, you must be planning a public event that features music from the Middle Ages, Renaissance or Baroque periods. No audition is required. We want to encourage musicians of all levels and experience.
Financial assistance will be limited to an annual (June through May) funded total, and granted on a first-come-first-serve basis (see details in the documentation package).
We welcome applications all year round. Please contact us to request a documentation package: